Gearbox bringing UE4 game to Wii U?
A new rumor has emerged from an IGN forums member. Whilst this is not the most reliable source, the rumor isn’t too farfetched and there’s no harm in reading it anyway. According to “monkeys with guns,” Gearbox Software, developers of Borderlands, Aliens Colonial Marines and more are working on an original IP being built with the Unreal Engine 4 and that this title will be released on multiple next generation consoles including the Wii U. Given Randy Pitchford’s high praise for Nintendo’s new console and the fact that Miyamoto is his favourite games developer in the world, it would be odd not to see a Wii U version of Gearboxes future titles so this rumor doesn’t seem all too unlikely. Here are the full details of the rumor:
What I “know:”
– Being developed by Gearbox Software
– It’s super duper early in development, it’s very “bare bones” at the moment.
– It’s being developed using the Unreal 4 engine.
– It’s a new IP, (currently) So it’s something we haven’t seen yet from them.
– It’s an FPS
– It’s multiplatform (duh) but the only version I specifically heard about was the Wii U version.
Other interesting tidbits:
– Supposedly their PS4 devkits recently had a meltdown and they’re awaiting new ones.
And of course, all things are subject to change, again this project is really very early in development, so who knows what will come of it